Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Feelin’ HOT HOT HOT …

They say the first step of any 12-step program is to admit you have a problem. So here’s my admission.

I an a heat wimp. I do not like hot and I’m not fond of humidity. My body type is more of a Arctic model, designed for cold to temperate climes.

Worse yet is when you’re wearing a long-sleeve shirt during a hot day in the South. You know - where the humidity lives before visiting other parts of the country. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Outside is one thing; We all know how unseasonable this year has been, so that is at least somewhat expected. However, as I walked in the pre-MATS Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, from the South Wing lobby into the North Wing lobby, I discovered that until all of YOU arrive, the North Wing, lobby included, has no A/C. It was like a wall: One moment, a cool 68; five steps later, a nasty 88.

At least I can give you fair warning. If you are planning to spend a chunk of time at this year’s Mid America outside, either at the show trucks or at the satellite parking at Papa John’s, be prepared.

Sun block is a necessity. In fact, our own Jami Jones added this: You should apply sun block to the bottom of your chin and to your throat.
Sound silly? Not so. Jami says the reflection off the chrome is intense enough that it can give you a southern-end sunburn.

So like the good Boy Scout, be prepared. But don’t be a heat wimp. No one wants to hear that. Believe me, I know.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2XImCj5-pU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete