Saturday, March 24, 2012

Old Home Week …

I’ve written just about every year about seeing old friends every time I go to Louisville. And some of those folks I see every single time.

But this year, I’m seeing people who haven’t been in years, some I’ve talked with on the phone and never met, some who are coming the first time.

Jerry Novak is an OOIDA Life Member and an Iraq veteran. I had the privilege of interviewing him about his experiences there. And today, I saw Jerry face to face for the first time. He’s just as cool in person as I thought he would be after talking with him on the phone.

Jerry has a good rig and a good arrangement running under a friend’s authority, but he runs like an independent. And he says business is good.

That seems to be a common theme this year. I’ve waited to hear it for a long time.

It’s always good to see friends, but it’s even better to see them when life is treating them well. And this year more than any time since 2008, it seems like that’s the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment